Christina Gomez is an experienced and effective appellate advocate. As a skilled appellate practitioner and chair of the firm’s Appellate Practice Group, Christina carefully guides clients through the entire appellate process – from preserving issues in the trial court and determining whether and on what issues to take an appeal through appellate stay motions, briefing, oral argument, and other appeal proceedings.
Christina has litigated dozens of appeals involving a broad range of legal issues in the federal 9th, 10th, and D.C. Circuit Courts of Appeals, the Colorado Supreme Court, and the Colorado Court of Appeals. She also has litigated matters before the U.S. Supreme Court and other federal and state appeals courts.
Christina served on the committee that developed the Colorado Bar Association’s Appellate Pro Bono Program, and she has chaired the program’s screening committee since its inception in 2010.
Additionally, she has spent hundreds of hours on pro bono matters pursuing civil rights, constitutional claims (including claims of violations of due process, equal protection, unlawful seizure, and cruel and unusual punishment), parental rights, and other issues.
Christina serves as Administrative Partner for Holland & Hart’s Denver office. She also is a member of and served for three years as co-chair of Holland & Hart’s women’s initiative.
Prior to joining Holland & Hart, Christina clerked for two years with the Honorable Charles A. Pannell, Jr. of the U.S. District Court for the Northern District of Georgia.
- Harvard Law School, J.D., 2002
- Millsaps College, B.A., 1996
Bar Admissions : Colorado
- U.S. District Court for the District of Colorado
- U.S. Court of Appeals for the Fourth Circuit
- U.S. Court of Appeals for the Ninth Circuit
- U.S. Court of Appeals for the District of Columbia Circuit
- U.S. Supreme Court
Professional and Civic Affiliations:
- Colorado Bar Association, Litigation Section, Appellate Practice Subcommittee, Member, 2009-present
- Colorado Bar Association Annual Appellate Practice Update CLE, Co-Chair, 2011-present
- Judicial Nominating Commission, Seventeenth Judicial District of Colorado, Member, 2016-present
- Rocky Mountain Harvard University Club, President, 2016-present, Treasurer, 2013-2016, Trustee, 2012-present
- Meals on Wheels, Firm Coordinator, 2006-2011, Volunteer, 2005-present
Rate : $$$$