Christina Joanne Blackford Lesko is an Associate in the firm’s Business Litigation practice. Her practice has been focused on the financial industries sector, with an emphasis in securities litigation.
Representative Matters :
- Obtained favorable resolution for securities underwriters against a multimillion-dollar securities fraud class action in the Southern District of New York regarding the initial public offering of a Chinese company.
- Successfully mediated or otherwise resolved numerous actions against broker-dealers and brokers before the Financial Industry Regulatory Authority (FINRA).
- Represented national bank in a thirty-million dollar lawsuit involving the sale of distressed debt in the Northern District of California, obtaining dismissal of all contract and tort claims.
- Represented a business owner in an action in the Eastern District of Texas involving the multimillion-dollar sale of a start-up software company and the purchaser’s breach of the promissory note.
Professional and Community Involvement : Director of Lawyers for Veterans, First Responders & Educators, 2011-present.
Professional Experience :
- Law Clerk to the Honorable James E. Gritzner, United States District for the Southern District of Iowa, 2011-2013.
- Legal Extern to the Honorable Joseph S. Van Bokkelen, United State District Court for the Northern District of Indiana, 2010.
- University of Illinois College of Law, J.D., summa cum laude, Order of the Coif, 2011
- Wheaton College, B.A., magna cum laude, 2008
BAR ADMISSIONS : Illinois, Iowa
COURT ADMISSIONS :
- U.S. District Court for the Northern District of Illinois
- U.S. District Court for the Northern District of Iowa
- U.S. District Court for the Southern District of Iowa
Rate : $$$