Christina Lee Gaarder is a litigation attorney who focuses on representing pharmaceutical and product manufacturers in complex product liability and mass torts litigation. Christina also defends corporations in complex commercial litigation.
She has served as national counsel or national coordinating counsel in multi-district litigation (MDL), consolidated state court actions, and various nationwide disputes. She has substantial trial and appellate court experience, having managed jury and non-jury litigation matters before Maryland state and U.S. federal courts.
Christina creates defense strategies for handling litigation effectively and efficiently. She coordinates with attorneys across the United States to implement sophisticated nationwide defense strategies.
Christina has overseen day-to-day case management, developed expert testimony, and handled the factual development of cases. She has briefed and argued summary judgment and Daubert motions, and coordinated pretrial preparations.
- Part of a Venable team serving as national coordinating counsel for an international pharmaceutical defendant, in lawsuits filed in multiple jurisdictions, involving prescription osteoporosis medication and numerous allegations of injury. Responsibilities included participating in the development of overall case strategy, overseeing case management, overseeing and managing local counsel, coordinating offensive and defensive discovery, and handling individual case work, up through depositions
- Part of a Venable team serving as national counsel for international pharmaceutical defendants, in lawsuits filed in several jurisdictions. Lawsuits allege that the clients’ medication causes numerous birth injuries. Responsibilities included participating in the development of overall case strategy, overseeing case management, handling individual case work up through depositions, overseeing pretrial preparations, and assisting and participating in pretrial argument
- Obtained a defense verdict as a member of the trial team for an international pharmaceutical defendant in a lawsuit involving a prescription epilepsy medication
- Managed expert and scientific development in vaccine litigation, including identifying and preparing defense expert witnesses on issues relating to efficacy and immunogenicity
- Litigated cases involving a generic osteoporosis medication alleged to cause jaw injuries. Cases were coordinated through an MDL. After discovery and motions practice, all lawsuits against the client were dismissed
- Served as first chair in representing Ford Motor Company, in Maryland and the District of Columbia, in products liability matters involving personal injury and property damages
- J.D.University of Virginia School of Law1995
- B.S.cum laudeDuke University1992
Bar Admissions : Maryland
Court Admissions :
- U.S. Court of Appeals for the Fourth Circuit
- U.S. District Court for the District of Maryland
Rate : $$$