Christina C. Nethero is a corporate transactional attorney, Christina has extensive experience in mergers and acquisitions, banking and finance, private equity, securities and general corporate law. She routinely represents institutional investors, private equity funds, closely-held companies, publicly-traded corporations and entrepreneurial start-ups in a range of industries with securities offerings, equity and debt financings, mergers and acquisitions, general commercial transactions, and internal corporate governance matters.
In addition, she routinely advises clients with regard to structuring, negotiating and completing a wide variety of complex commercial transactions, including:
- Acquiring and selling businesses
- Private equity investments
- Drafting business and finance contracts and agreements
- Preparing legal opinions
- Conducting due diligence
- Preparing disclosure documents in connection with various types of business transactions
Christina’s interest in business and business transactions while pursuing an undergraduate degree in business administration, led her to take a business law class where she discovered that she enjoyed the legal aspect of business transactions. She then pursued a law degree and MBA at Stetson University College of Law in order to become a corporate transactional lawyer.
While in law school, Christina participated in Stetson University College of Law’s Honors Colloquium. She was also an associate for the Stetson Law Review and served as a Judicial Intern for the Honorable Susan C. Bucklew, Senior United States District Judge for the Middle District of Florida. Additionally, she earned Book Awards in Contracts I and International Business Transactions and was a teaching fellow for Legal Research and Writing.
Christina prides herself on being readily available and a trusted advisor to her clients, helping them negotiate and bring transactions to a close; traits she developed prior to law school through her studies and internships at Salesforce.com and Raymond James Bank where she learned to analyze issues from a business perspective as well as from a legal perspective.
- J.D., cum laude, Stetson University College of Law, 2010
- M.B.A., with honors, Stetson University School of Business Administration, 2010
- B.A., with highest honors, Principia College, 2007
- Represented private equity fund in divesture of a portfolio company and its subsidiaries to four separate purchasers for aggregate consideration of $35+ million. Negotiated and prepared definitive sale documents. Oversaw seller due diligence process and prepared disclosure documents.
- Represented physician practices in $30+ million roll-up transaction. Negotiated and prepared definitive acquisition, operating, management and employment agreements and documents required for restructuring. Oversaw seller due diligence process and prepared disclosure documents.
- Represented institutional investor in $140+ million strategic combination of two remote cardiac monitoring companies. Conducted due diligence and prepared disclosure documents and schedules detailing the exchange of securities each equity holder received.
- Represented hedge fund in $50+ million Florida real estate acquisition. Conducted due diligence and prepared disclosure documents and ancillary closing documents.
Professional and Community Affiliations:
- American Bar Association
- Hillsborough County Bar Association, 5K Pro Bono River Run Committee Co-Chair
- HCBA Leadership Institute (Class of 2013)
- Tampa Connection (Class 2014)
- Leadership St. Pete (Class of 2015)
Rate : $$$$