Christina Guerola Sarchio focuses her practice on general commercial litigation, class actions and white collar defense, with significant experience in the consumer products, financial, oil and gas, pharmaceutical, sports and transportation industries.
A former prosecutor and an experienced trial lawyer, Ms. Sarchio has successfully tried several jury trials before federal and state courts. She also regularly appears before a number of agencies and regulators, including the DOJ, FDA, SEC and various U.S. Attorney offices.
Ms. Sarchio has been recognized as a leading lawyer for her work in general commercial disputes in The Legal 500 U.S. 2018 and 2017. She was also selected as a 2018 Woman Worth Watching by The Diversity Journal.
She received MCCA’s 2017 Rainmaker Award and named among the Top 250 Women in Litigation in the U.S. for 2018 and 2017 by Benchmark Litigation, where she is also listed as a D.C. litigation star.
Ms. Sarchio serves as an arbitrator for the American Arbitration Association. She has also taught as an adjunct professor at The George Washington University Law School.
Prior to joining Dechert, Ms. Sarchio served as a partner at another international law firm where she acted as chair of the class action strike team as well as a member of the Board of Directors. Her previous experience includes serving as prosecutor with the Manhattan District Attorney’s office.
- Cornell University, B.A., 1991
- The George Washington University Law School, J.D., 1995
- District of Columbia
- New Jersey
- United States District Court for the District of Columbia
- United States Court of Appeals for the Seventh Circuit
- United States Court of Appeals for the Ninth Circuit
- United States District Court for the Eastern District of Virginia
- Hispanic National Bar Association
- Hispanic Bar Association of D.C.
- Military Spouse JD Network
- National Association of Women Judges Resource Board
- Virginia Hispanic Chamber of Commerce
- Business Advice and Litigation
- JP Morgan Chase in several consumer lawsuits alleging violations of the TCPA (2018-present).
- Ooma in securing an order dismissing a consumer action in New Jersey state court pursuant to a mandatory arbitration provision.
- Bondholders of the Commonwealth of Puerto Rico on litigation options against the Commonwealth in light of its financial challenges.
- Class Actions
- Rent A Center in defending against allegations of violations of Karnette Act and other consumer protection statutes (ND Cal 2017-present).
- Apple in a dismissal of class action lawsuit alleging violations of a New Jersey statute (ND Cal – 2018).
- Boiron in a defense verdict in a false advertising and consumer fraud class action against leading homeopathic drug manufacturer after one week trial before a jury (CD Cal 2016).
- Whole Foods in securing the dismissal of a nationwide class action lawsuit alleging consumer fraud (SD Fla 2015).
- Negotiated a settlement on behalf of opt-out plaintiffs in antitrust class action(ND Ill 2010).
- White Collar
- Representing former officer of U.S. subsidiary and Mexican national in FCPA investigation (2017-present).
- Conducted an investigation for company subject to extortion, referred matter for federal prosecution resulting in indictments (2014-16).
- Successfully defended two members of Congress in investigations by the Office of Congressional Ethics.
- Advised Allen Stanford in SEC and DOJ actions and argued at his detention hearing (US v. Stanford, EDVA (Richmond) 2009).
Rate : $$$