Christine Byrnes represents clients in connection with the financing, development, acquisition and restructuring of complex structured finance transactions, with a primary focus on renewable energy projects, including tax equity partnership and lease investment structures.
She has negotiated financing and commercial agreements for lenders, investors and developers, including debt and equity financing documents, letter of credit facilities, and joint venture agreements.
Christine has also represented a number of clients in Shari’ah-compliant structured finance and investment transactions, including private equity acquisitions, real estate transactions and working capital facilities.
Representative Matters :
- Represented a renewable energy subsidiary of a public utility holding company in connection with the negotiation of a tax equity joint venture for eight wind projects located throughout the United States for an aggregate investment amount exceeding $1 billion.
- Represented a renewable energy subsidiary of a public utility holding company in the tax equity financing of an approximately 150-MW wind project in Texas.
- Represented a major financial institution, as lessor, in a sale of four master lease sale-leaseback facilities involving both utility-scale and distributed generation projects following SunEdison’s filing for bankruptcy protection.
- Represented a sponsor in the drafting and negotiation of the documentation relating to the construction financing, tax equity financing and back leverage financing of a 200-MW wind project located in Illinois.
- Represented a financial institution in the closing of nine sale-leaseback transactions for solar projects throughout California.
Professional and Community Involvement : Board Member, Orange County Chapter, Alzheimer’s Association, 2018-present
Professional Experience :
- Associate General Counsel, Director, HDG Mansur Capital Group LLC, 2005-2010
- Court of Justice of the European Communities, Dean Acheson Legal Stage Program, Legal Clerk for Judge J.P. Puissochet, 2001
- Fordham University School of Law, J.D., 2000
- Georgetown University, B.S., cum laude, 1996
BAR ADMISSIONS : New York, California
Rate : $$$