Christine P. James focuses her practice on domestic and international brand management. She helps clients determine the availability of trademarks, develop and implement appropriate trademark registration programs, monitor and enforce trademark rights, and leverage the goodwill of trademarks through licensing.
Ms. James regularly advises clients embarking on extensive domestic and international trademark protection programs. She counsels, coordinates and oversees numerous international contentious proceedings. She serves as co-editor of the Country Guides, an electronic publication of the International Trademark Association which is used by many trademark owners and practitioners around the world as a ready reference on international trademark law and practice.
In 2017, 2018 and 2019, Ms. James was recognized in The Best Lawyers in America® for Trademark Law. In 2018 and the five years immediately preceding, she was recommended by Legal 500 US in the area of Non-Contentious Trademark Law. Ms. James was recognized as a leading national trademark practitioner in 2019 and the three years immediately preceding editions of World Trademark Review 1000 – The World’s Leading Trademark Professionals.
- Provide global trademark enforcement advice and assistance to renowned hotel and temporary residence company.
- Provides brand management and portfolio maintenance, advice, licensing, litigation and other assistance in connection with trademarks, copyrights, advertising and related matters for Weather Group Television in the United States and overseas. Established in 1982 as The Weather Channel, the company provides information through a wide variety of media in the fields of weather, recreation, health, travel, traffic and other areas, and reaches hundreds of thousands of households in the United States and abroad.
- Represents Equifax Inc., one of the United States’ largest credit reporting agencies, by helping Equifax protect and maintain its trademarks, including its strong house mark, EQUIFAX and other marks in connection with consumer and business credit intelligence, portfolio management, fraud detection, decisioning technology, marketing tools, and other products and services. With protection which spans the globe, Equifax has been able to enhance its brand equity and police its rights in its marks in a wide variety of jurisdictions.
- Provides trademark portfolio management and litigation assistance to AutomationDirect.com Inc. Founded as an alternative to established industrial automation companies, AutomationDirect.com Inc. has grown into a well-recognized provider of a full line of industrial automation products, from programmable logic controllers and servo motors to interactive display panels and cables.
- Represents ESi Acquisition Inc. in trademark matters, including the provision of domestic and international trademark assistance to protect the company’s brands.
- Represents Flexitallic Investments Inc., a global industrial sealing solutions company, in setting a standard in the industry. Often requested by customers by name, Flexitallic’s spiral wound gaskets, flanges, packing material, and other industrial sealing products service the needs of many, including refineries and manufacturing plants, where safety and reliability are paramount. It also provides products for use in missiles, ships, fuel cells, turbines, and other mission-critical products. We help Flexitallic protect its technology by providing patent advice, clearance, protection, and enforcement and protect its brand names by providing trademark advice, portfolio management, and enforcement.
- Represents AXIS Capital Holdings, an international reinsurance services provider, in trademark clearance, protection, portfolio management, and enforcement matters.
- Represents Xignux, a Mexican industrial consortium, in an array of trademark matters for it and its affiliate companies in the electrical, wire and cable, and food industries.
- Duke University, J.D. (1998)
- Duke University, LL.M. (1998)
- Brown University, M.A., Architectural History (1990)
- Sewanee: University of the South, B.A. (1988)summa cum laude
- Georgia (1998)
- New York (2000)
Rate : $$$$