Christine B. LaFollette is the partner in charge of the firm’s Houston office. She is a transactional energy lawyer who provides a range of advice to issuers, investors and underwriters in public offerings and private placements of equity and debt securities.
She also counsels master limited partnerships (MLP) and provides advice regarding federal and state securities laws.In addition, Chris represents clients in public and private mergers and acquisitions. She understands and respects the energy industry and, alongside her clients, has weathered more than three decades of volatile markets and shifting regulatory demands.
- For more than three decades, has advised oil and gas companies through volatile markets and changing regulatory climates.
- Represents public companies in transactions, reporting and compliance, and board of directors-related matters.
- Consistently recognized by leading rankings publications.
- Negotiated on behalf of a joint venture partner in a divestiture of an energy asset. The transaction was valued at $1.825 billion and involved several parties and a tight time frame.
- Guided an oil and gas exploration and production company with operations in Oklahoma, Texas and New Mexico through a public registered offering of senior notes, as well as a tender offer for other senior notes. The financings totaled $15 billion and greatly reduced the cost of the client’s long-term debt.
- Served as counsel to an energy company in a confidential filing on an initial public offering, providing structure and guidance to the client through the Securities and Exchange Commission (SEC) process.
- For a Tulsa, Oklahoma-based energy company, advised on the redemption of senior notes. The transaction required timely structure and execution. The result for the client was a successful redemption of all $500 million senior notes due May 2022.
- Founding member, Houston Advisory Council for Tahirih Justice Center
- Member, Alexis de Toqueville Society, United Way.
- Member, Audit Committee of Board of Directors, World Affairs Council of Houston.
- Fellow, Texas Bar Foundation.
- Member, American Bar Association.
- Board member, Holly Energy Partners, L.P. (NYSE: HEP)
- Founding member, Center for Women in Law, University of Texas at Austin
- Member, Executive Council and co-founder of NACD Texas Tricities Chapter.
- Board member, Houston Volunteer Lawyers Association.
- Sustaining Fellow, Houston Bar Association.
- Member, State Bar of Texas.
- J.D., Loyola Law School, with honors, 1980
- B.S., University of Texas at Austin, with highest honors, 1974
Rate : $$$