Christine Kingston is an associate in Nelson Mullins Riley & Scarborough LLP’s Boston office where she practices commercial litigation in state and federal courts, with a specific focus on consumer financial services litigation, mortgage banking law, and commercial disputes.
Christine represents national banks, mortgage investors, and loan servicers against claims brought under the Truth in Lending Act (TILA), Real Estate Settlement Procedures Act (RESPA), Fair Credit Reporting Act (FCRA), Fair Debt Collection Practices Act (FDCPA), and G.L. c. 93A, among others.
Christine also represents businesses and insurers in commercial disputes in state and federal court, and represents employers before the Massachusetts Commission Against Discrimination.
Additionally, Christine has experience representing defendants in construction defect cases, including drafting pleadings, motion practice, taking and defending depositions, and settlements.
Through her construction practice, Christine has gained experience in the technical aspects of construction—including civil engineering, rock blasting and ledge removal, and building installation—and the complex law that governs defect cases.
- University of Kentucky College of Law, JD, magna cum laude (2011)
- College of the Holy Cross, BA, Political Science (2008)
- U.S. Court of Appeals for the First Circuit
- U.S. District Court for the District of Massachusetts
Clerkships : Law Clerk, The Honorable Francis R. Fecteau, The Massachusetts Appeals Court (2014 – 2015)
- Anctil v. Specialized Loan Servicing LLC, 2016 U.S. Dist. LEXIS 1065 (U.S.D.C. MA. 2016) (obtained dismissal of plaintiff’s claims relating to loan modification)
- Galvin v. U.S. Bank, N.A., 2015 U.S. Dist. LEXIS 134156, No. 14-14723 (U.S.D.C. MA. 2015) (awarded summary judgment on plaintiff’s foreclosure-related claims and on counterclaims for possession and deficiency judgment)
- Emiabata et al v. Specialized Loan Servicing LLC et al, No. 15-12225 (U.S.D.C. MA. 2015) (obtained dismissal of plaintiff’s claims relating to loan modification)
Previous Professional Experience:
- Staff Attorney, U.S. Court of Appeals for the Eleventh Circuit (2012-2014)
- Attorney instructor, LawTutors (2011-2012)
- American Bar Association – Young Lawyers Division
- Women’s Bar Association
Rate : $$$