Christine A. Scheuneman is a retired partner in the law firm’s Litigation practice. She represents many preeminent corporations, financial institutions and real estate companies.
An experienced trial attorney and leader of the firm’s multi-disciplinary Real Estate Litigation practice, Christine represents clients in complex business, class action and commercial matters, including financial services, antitrust and unfair business practices, and securities litigation.
She represents real estate and finance clients in matters involving investment disputes, regulatory investigations, loan and asset workouts, insolvency, development, and construction issues. She regularly advises clients in the consumer financial services sectors about regulatory issues and the expansive jurisdiction of the CFPB.
REPRESENTATIVE EXPERIENCE :
- Represented a major bank in consumer class actions alleging unfair business practices and violations of Consumers Legal Remedies Act in connection with business accounts and the Bank’s branded gift cards.
- Represented developers and investment participants in large-scale real estate and construction litigation, including class action cases.
- Represented former officers and directors of a bank in actions by the Federal Deposit Insurance Corporation relating to commercial real estate loans.
- As a member of Pillsbury’s Crisis Management Team, works with clients to strategically manage the potential liabilities associated with a crisis event.
- Representing target currency exchange defendants in Commodities Futures Trading Commission litigation of alleged fraudulent activity.
- Representing an international trading company in the Securities and Exchange Commission investigation of possible channel stuffing activities by a third party.
- Defending a major securities firm in several related securities fraud matters, including federal litigation and arbitration.
- Member, Advisory Board for the Center for Real Estate at the University of California – Irvine’s Paul Merage School of Business.
- Member, Board of Trustees of Cottey College and its Institute for Women’s Leadership, Social Responsibility and Global Awareness.
- Member, Executive Committee of the Board of Directors of the Girl Scouts of Orange County.
- Governance Fellow, National Association of Corporate Directors (NACD).
- J.D., DePaul University College of Law
- B.A., University of Kansas
ADMISSIONS : California, Illinois.
- U.S. Supreme Court
- U.S. Court of Appeals for the 9th Circuit
- Northern District of Illinois, Northern District of Illinois (Trial Bar)
- California State Courts
- Illinois State Courts
Rate : $$$