Christine A. Stearns has selected by NJBIZ as one of the “50 Most Powerful People in Health Care in New Jersey” for the sixth time, and included on NJ Spotlight’s list of “Top 10 Healthcare Lobbyists in New Jersey,” Ms. Stearns most recently served as Vice President of Health & Legal Affairs for the New Jersey Business & Industry Association.
In her role at Gibbons, she provides strategic counsel to an array of clients on regulatory and legislative issues, with a focus on healthcare matters. She also serves on the board of the New Jersey Health Care Quality Institute, a nonprofit foundation working to ensure quality, accountability, and cost containment in New Jersey, and on the board of Samaritan Healthcare & Hospice south Jersey’s oldest and largest hospice.
Ms. Stearns is an attorney with a wide range of political and legislative experience who began her career with Princeton Public Affairs, where she worked with a wide range of clients to develop and implement legislative and regulatory strategies. In 2005, she co-chaired the Governor of New Jersey’s Health Care and Senior Service Policy Group, which advised the Governor during the gubernatorial transition.
- Rutgers School of Law – Camden (J.D.)’
- Rutgers University – Eagleton Institute of Politics (M.S.)
- Rutgers University – Douglass Residential College (B.A.)
- Recipient, Barbara Boggs Sigmund Award for Public Leadership
- State of New Jersey
- New Jersey State Bar Association
- Insurance Benefits Standing Committee
- Bipartisan Coalition for Women’s Appointments
- Advisory Committee Member
- Community Health Law Project
- Board Member
- Mercer County Improvement Authority
- Assistant Treasurer, 2008 – 2015
- NJ Society for Economic & Environmental Development (SEED)
- Trustee, 2005 – 2015
- Governor-elect Corzine Health Care Advisory Group
- Co-Chair, 2006
- New Jersey Bipartisan Coalition for Women’s Appointments
- Convener, 2006
Rate : $$$