Christopher White concentrates on a high level and significant civil litigation, including serious personal injury and wrongful death, marital and family law, business tort litigation commercial litigation, construction litigation, government law, land use law and health care law related litigation.
Since 1976, he has devoted a significant portion of his practice to the field of marital and family law. Christopher focuses on family law cases involving complex property, alimony, child support, and custody and visitation issues.
These cases regularly involve issues of extreme significance requiring a litigation support team of various experts, including appraisers, certified public accountants, business evaluators, psychiatrists, and psychologists.
In the field of marital and family law, Christopher is experienced in handling a full range of legal issues including:
- Dissolution of marriage/divorce
- Child custody/time sharing
- Visitation/time sharing
- Child support
- Spousal support
- Post-judgment proceedings, such as modification of child support, spousal support and time sharing
- Pre-nuptial and ante-nuptial agreements
- Business valuation and tax issues
Since 1976, Christopher’s litigation practice has included an extensive history of significant personal injury and wrongful death litigation. Over his more than four decades of experience, his litigation practice has evolved to include complex construction, commercial and business tort litigation.
He also has represented numerous physicians, physician groups and other healthcare professionals in numerous litigation, administrative, and regulatory matters, including but not limited to, EEOC claims, employee-related matters, enforcement of non-compete agreements, insurance reimbursement claims, breach and enforcement of contract claims, regulatory and compliance matters and zoning and land use matters.
Additionally, Christopher served as general counsel for the Beaches Public Hospital Special Taxing District in Duval County from 1983 to 1995. He also served as the general counsel for the City of Neptune Beach, Florida, from 1997 to 2011.
As a result of his extensive experience in the representation of governmental entities, he has developed a significant practice in the area of governmental and land use law. In the area of land use law, Christopher has represented both governmental entities and individuals in all associated areas of land use, including eminent domain.
Prior to joining Harris Guidi Rosner, Christopher practiced at GrayRobinson. Prior to that, he practiced at Reznicsek, Fraser, White & Shaffer, P.A., and prior to that was the sole practitioner and owner of Christopher A. White, P.A. for over 10 years.
- University of Florida, B.S. (honors, 1972)
- University of Florida College of Law, J.D. (1975)
- U.S. District Court, Middle District of Florida
- U.S. District Court, Northern District of Florida
- U.S. Court of Appeal, 11th Circuit
- U.S. Court of Appeal, 5th Circuit
- U.S. Supreme Court
- The Florida Bar
- Jacksonville Bar Association
- Jacksonville Beaches St. Johns County and American Bar Associations
- Florida Family Law American Inn of Court
- Florida Academy of Professional Mediators
- Florida Justice Association, Member
- American Association of Justice, Member
- Florida Municipal Attorneys Association
Rate : $$$$