Christopher B. Anderson is a health care regulatory and transactional attorney who counsels industry clients on the development of strategic partnerships and initiatives designed to create synergies, advance quality, foster efficiencies, and further align providers.
He works with private equity funds, strategic investors, institutional and professional health care providers, telehealth/health tech companies, and life science companies on strategic, transactional, and regulatory matters affecting these industries.
Chris regularly represents private equity funds and other strategics in evaluating targets, structuring investment opportunities and divestitures, and mitigating risks in the health care space.
His hospital-physician integration experience encompasses mergers, acquisitions, and affiliations of health systems, ASCs, large physician groups, and other ancillary providers, as well as the formation of care coordination entities, joint ventures, pay-for-performance and gain sharing programs, co-management agreements, ACOs, clinically integrated networks, and other partnership opportunities.
He has structured innovative arrangements between for-profit entities and nonprofit providers and/or quasi-governmental entities, leading to the preservation of community health care assets while creating value for investors.
Chris’s regulatory practice includes advising clients on various fraud and abuse and self-referral matters, HIPAA and other data security compliance issues, and Medicare program requirements as well as state licensure, certificate of need, corporate practice of medicine, and fee-split problems.
Chris is on the board of directors of the Illinois Association of Healthcare Attorneys and is a member of the American Health Lawyers Association. He has written and spoken extensively on the applications of health care law and is an adjunct professor at the University of Illinois-Chicago.
- DePaul University (J.D. 2006);
- University of Notre Dame (B.A. 2001)
- U.S. District Court for the Northern District of Illinois, and
- U.S. Court of Appeals for the Seventh Circuit
- Represented a for-profit hospital acquisition company in acquiring two community hospitals and in establishing new programs.
- Represented a tax-exempt nonprofit hospital in a membership substitution transaction with a large academic medical center.
- Represented a critical access hospital in a membership substitution transaction with a regional health system.
- Advised on acquisitions and sales of physician practices and practice management services organizations (MSOs) to and by private equity funds and strategic operators, including dermatology, ophthalmology, gastroenterology, and primary care practices.
- Represented physician practices, strategics, and private equity funds in connection with acquisitions and sales of ambulatory surgical center companies or other companies with ambulatory surgical center lines of business.
- Represented leading health system in the restructure and recapitalization of a multifaceted proton therapy joint venture.
- Represented various hospitals and health systems in the formation of clinically integrated networks, including establishment of a statewide multisystem clinically integrated network.
Rate : $$$$