Christopher E. Austin is Partner of Cleary Gottlieb Steen & Hamilton LLP. Christopher Austin’s practice focuses on public and private merger and acquisition transactions.
He also provides advice regarding governance matters and fiduciary duties of officers and directors to corporations and their boards.
Chris joined the firm in 1983 and became a partner in 1992. From 1993 to 1998, he was resident in the Hong Kong office.
- 3M; General Mills; Sony; General Motors; International Flavors & Fragrances; Goldman Sachs; Lenovo; Warburg Pincus; Westlake Chemical; National Amusements; One West Bank; Whirlpool.
- ESL Investments with respect to its investment in Sears, including its pending $5.2 billion proposed acquisition of Sears.
- National Amusements (the Redstone family holding company) with respect to its investments in CBS and Viacom.
- International Flavors & Fragrances in its $7 billion acquisition of Frutarom.
- General Mills in its $8 billion acquisition of Blue Buffalo Pet Products.
- General Motors in the sale of its Opel/Vauxhall business to Peugeot.
- Westlake Chemical in its unsolicited offer to acquire, and subsequent $3.8 billion acquisition of, Axiall.
- Triton Container in its merger of equals with TAL.
- Asahi Kasei in its acquisitions of Polypore and Zoll Medical.
- Banner Bank in its acquisition of the holding company for AmericanWest Bank.
- OneWest Bank in its $3.4 billion sale to CIT Group.
- The Raine Group in its investment in and sale of C3 Presents and its investment in Vice Holding.
- New York University School of Law, J.D., 1983
- Tulane University, B.A., 1980
- New York
Rate : $$$