Christopher Freeman concentrates his law practice in complex litigation, including a broad range of cases at both the trial and appellate level involving commercial disputes and business torts, insurance coverage actions, and media and entertainment law. He is the head of Carlton Fields’ national trial practice group for its Atlanta office.
He is also a contributor to the firm’s Property Casualty Focus blog, which covers legal developments in the property-casualty industry. Chris is experienced in counseling and representing clients in all aspects of complex litigation, from mediation and arbitration to trial and appellate proceedings in both state and federal courts.
He has obtained several notable decisions at both the trial and appellate level for his insurance clients in cases involving allegations of waiver/estoppel and statutory bad faith. Chris has also authored amicus briefs on behalf of insurance-related industry groups in matters relating to Georgia insurance law.
He is a proud graduate of the University of Virginia, where he obtained a B.A. with High Distinction in English, and Vanderbilt University Law School, where he was awarded the prestigious John W. Wade Scholarship. He is also a graduate of the Westminster Schools in Atlanta, Georgia.
Professional & Community Involvement:
- State Bar of Georgia
- Member-at-Large, Executive Council of the Young Lawyers Division (2008-2009, 2009-2010)
- Leadership Academy (2008)
- Georgia Grandparent/Relative Caregiver Adoption Project
- Federalist Society, Atlanta Lawyers Chapter
- Georgia Defense Lawyers Association
- American Bar Association
- Georgia Production Partnership
- Associate , Schiff Hardin, LLP, Atlanta (2005-2008)
- Associate , Arnall Golden Gregory LLP (2004-2005)
- Judicial Intern to the The Honorable Julie E. Carnes, U.S. District Court for the Northern District of Georgia (2002)
- Vanderbilt University Law School (J.D., 2004)
- University of Virginia (B.A., with distinction, 2001)
- U.S. Court of Appeals, Eleventh Circuit
- U.S. District Court, Northern District of Georgia
- U.S. District Court, Middle District of Georgia
- U.S. District Court, Southern District of Georgia
Rate : $$$