Christopher Bakes is a partner who practices in the offices of Lewis Brisbois on both coasts – Los Angeles, New York, Sacramento, and San Francisco. Admitted to practice in California, New York and the District of Columbia, he is a member of Lewis Brisbois’ Complex Business & Commercial Litigation Practice.
Chris is recognized nationally for the breadth and depth of his practice, the high profile of his cases, matters and transaction, and the results he has obtained in a range of industries, from tech and entertainment to construction and real estate.
As a trial lawyer, Christopher has represented the largest companies in the world, doing so in courts across California and the United States. He has litigated information technology and intellectual property disputes, health care contracts, government contracts and contracting, actions involving significant federal and state statutes, research and development (R&D) contracts, and major construction and real estate development contracts.
He has litigated multiple matters of first impression in both state and federal courts, and is known for the size, complexity and high-profile of his cases. Christopher’s representation of individuals includes large and complex headline cases, ranging from representation of creative talent in the entertainment industry to elected officeholders and C-level executives.
Christopher is also committed to the development and formation of new attorneys. He is an invited faculty member at the New York State Bar Association’s Trial Academy, held annually at Cornell University. He is a member of the Federal Bar Association.
- University of San Francisco, Juris Doctor
- University of San Francisco, Bachelor of Arts, Economics
- United States Navy Military Justice School
- State Bar Admissions, California, District of Columbia
- United States Courts of Appeals & Supreme Court
- United States Court of Appeals for the Second Circuit
- United States Court of Appeals for the Ninth Circuit
- United States Supreme Court
- United States District Courts
- United States District Court for the Central District of California
- United States District Court for the Eastern District of California
- United States District Court for the Southern District of California
- United States District Court for the Southern District of New York
Community Activities :
- Boys and Girls Club of the Peninsula
- Cristo Rey High School
- All Hallows Concerts
Rate : $$$$