Christopher D. Barnstable-Brown’s nationally recognized practice focuses on mergers and acquisitions, corporate governance and corporate finance transactions, with particular emphasis on the technology, finance and life sciences industries.
Mr. Barnstable-Brown has extensive experience advising public and private companies and private equity sponsors in matters involving domestic and international mergers and acquisitions, strategic investments, joint ventures and asset sales.
Mr. Barnstable-Brown is a trusted advisor to issuers, underwriters and lenders in domestic and international financing transactions, including public and private offerings of debt and equity securities, as well as solutions-focused advice to emerging growth companies during all stages of their lifecycles, including with respect to corporate organization, governance, venture and mezzanine financings and sales transactions.
Mr. Barnstable-Brown was named a 2015–2018 “Rising Star” by New York Super Lawyers. Before joining WilmerHale, Mr. Barnstable-Brown was a judicial law clerk for the Honorable Boyce F. Martin, Jr. of the US Court of Appeals for the Sixth Circuit. Mr. Barnstable-Brown was born in Louisville, Kentucky.
- Medtronic plc in connection with its public offering of $2 billion of registered senior notes, as well as various M&A and strategic transactions
- Durata Therapeutics, a NASDAQ-listed company, in connection with its sale to Allergan (formerly Actavis) for $675 million in cash plus contingent value rights representing potential cash payments of up to an additional $155 million
- Eleven Biotherapeutics in connection with its acquisition of Viventia Bio for 19.9% of Eleven’s outstanding common stock
- Ophthotech Corporation in connection with its acquisition of an Inception Sciences/Versant Ventures portfolio company
- PAE, a portfolio company of private equity firm Lindsay Goldberg, in its acquisition of the Applied Technology Division of Computer Sciences Corporation
- Archer Daniels Midland Company in connection with its recommended $3.5 billion offer to acquire GrainCorp Ltd. of Australia, which followed ADM taking a 19.8% equity stake in GrainCorp.
- JD, Boston University School of Law, 2008
- BS, Management, Purdue University, 2005
ADMISSIONS : New York
CLERKSHIPS : The Hon. Boyce F. Martin, Jr., US Court of Appeals for the Sixth Circuit, 2008 – 2009
Rate : $$$