Christopher J. Bellini is chair of Cozen O’Connor’s Private Equity Practice. Chris focuses his practice in the areas of mergers and acquisitions involving publicly and privately held companies and private equity acquisitions and divestiture transactions.
He is also experienced in SEC-registered public offerings, debt financing, and private placement transactions. He has extensive experience in the areas of corporate and securities law, as well as in corporate governance and compliance matters.
Chris earned his law degree from the University of Minnesota Law School and his LL.M. from the New York University School of Law, where he was the graduate editor of the New York University Journal of International Law and Politics. Chris received his bachelor’s degree, cum laude, from the University of Minnesota.
- Counsel to Ocean Power Technologies, Inc. in its at-the-market offering of shares of common stock.
- Counsel to Spell Capital Partners, LLC on its sale of Engineered Products Company to the Donaldson Company, Inc.
- Counsel to Equis Capital Partners in connection with its participation in the acquisition of Data Display Systems.
- Counsel to Minnesota Wild Hockey Club, LP in connection with $110 million National Hockey League – league-wide credit facility with Citigroup.
- Counsel to Alerus Financial, N.A. on its acquisition of Retirement Alliance, Inc. and Fiduciary Consulting Group, LLC.
- Counsel to Piper Jaffray Companies, financial advisor to Solta Medical, on its fairness opinion in connection with the tender offer by Valeant Pharmaceuticals International Inc.
- Counsel to Scio Diamond Technology Corporation in connection with its formation of a joint venture in China.
- Counsel to Genmab A/S on its sale of an antibody manufacturing facility to Baxter, a medical manufacturer and researcher.
- Counsel to Alerus Financial on its acquisition of PensionTrend Investment Advisers LLC and PensionTrend, Inc.
- Counsel to Alerus Financial, N.A. on its acquisition of Arizona and Minnesota bank branches of BNCCORP, Inc.
- Counsel to PPC Worldwide Holdings Pty. Ltd., an Australian subsidiary of UnitedHealth Group, on its acquisition of International Psychological Services Pty Limited.
- Counsel to Controlled Products Systems Group, Inc., a portfolio company of Pilgrim Capital Partners, LLC on its acquisition of Perimeter Protection Products, LLC.
- Counsel to CIBC World Markets and 2ndWave Software on their sale of Amcom Software to Norwest Equity Partners.
- Counsel to Gordon Brothers Group and Hilco Brands on their acquisition of the assets of Polaroid Corporation pursuant to Section 363 of the U.S. Bankruptcy Code.
- Represented Wayne, Pa.-based Evolve IP, The Cloud Services CompanyTM, in connection with the sale of a majority stake in the company to Boston-based private equity firm, Great Hill Partners.
- Represented WWSC Holdings, LLC, one of the largest structural steel fabrication and erection companies in North America, in connection with the acquisition by Alleghany Capital Corporation of a majority interest in the company.
- Represented a global provider of brand solutions, memorialization products, and industrial products in its Rule 144A and Regulation S $300 million senior notes offering. This transaction drew on the experience of the firm’s corporate, tax, and employee benefits and executive compensation attorneys.
- University of Minnesota Law School, J.D., 1998
- New York University School of Law, LL.M., 2000
- University of Minnesota , B.A., cum laude, 1994
BAR ADMISSIONS : Minnesota; New York
Rate : $$$