Christopher M. Chubb (“Chris”) is an associate in Mayer Brown’s Chicago office and a member of the Banking & Finance practice. Chris focuses his practice on the representation of corporate and lending clients in connection with a broad range of finance transactions, including leveraged buyouts, working capital financings, cash flow and asset-based financings, add-on acquisitions, cross-border and multi-currency financings and debtor-in-possession financings.
In addition, Chris has represented clients in a variety of specialty lending fields (including ESOP, gaming, health care and franchise lending, among others). Chris represents lenders (including commercial finance institutions and national and regional banks), borrowers (including private equity funds and public and private companies) and general corporate clients.
He also represents a variety of clients in corporate transactions, including mergers and stock and asset acquisitions, as well as providing general corporate counseling. Prior to joining Mayer Brown, Chris was an associate in with another prominent law firm in Chicago.
- University of Michigan, BA
- University of Michigan Law School, JD, cum laude
Admissions : Illinois
- Represented a major national bank as administrative agent in connection with a syndicated, multi-currency, senior unsecured $225 million credit facility to a public company that is a diversified producer of premium specialty papers for the tobacco industry.
- Represented a major national bank in connection with a $111 million revolving and term loan facility to the operator of a major regional trucking business and certain of its affiliates to fund a 100% ESOP buyout.
- Represented a major financial institution in connection with the refinancing of a $55 million revolving asset based loan to the operator of a chain of hardware stores and lumber yards with more than 120 stores in 15 states, which has been 100% owned by an ESOP for 30+ years.
- Represented a major national bank as administrative agent in connection with a $47.5 million revolving and term loan facility to the family of companies comprising a major national moving and storage business to fund a 100% ESOP buyout.
- Represented a major national bank in connection with a $19 million leverage backed acquisition of a logistics service provider to major grocery store chains by a private equity firm.
- Represented a major national bank in connection with a $19 million term and revolving credit facility to a regional school bus company.
- Represented a national bank in connection with a $16 million revolving loan facility to an auto parts reseller and its affiliated companies.
- Represented several clinical health care services providers in health care regulatory and general corporate matters.
- Represented a private equity fund in the divestiture of a specialty glass manufacturing portfolio company.
Rate : $$$