Christopher J. Collins is a partner in the Labor and Employment Practice Group in the firm’s New York office. For more than 20 years, Mr. Collins has represented management clients in litigation alleging employment discrimination, sexual harassment, retaliation, breach of contract, as well as cases involving non-compete agreements and compensation disputes.
In litigated matters, he has represented clients in a wide range of fields, including financial services, insurance, technology, management consulting, entertainment, media and advertising. In addition to court litigation (including jury trials), he routinely represents management clients in FINRA arbitrations, before administrative agencies and in mediation. He also represents companies and executives in employment contract negotiations.
Mr. Collins also has a substantial advice and counseling practice, partnering with clients on policy design, litigation avoidance strategies, and compliance best practices, including issues involving progressive discipline, disability accommodation and minimizing exposure to retaliation allegations. He also routinely conducts training on a variety of employment law compliance subjects.
- J.D., George Washington University Law School, Notes Editor, George Washington Law Review, 1990, with honors
- M.A., Fordham University, 2008
- B.A., University of Notre Dame, 1987, with honors
- New Jersey
- New York
- U.S. Court of Appeals – Second Circuit, Third Circuit
- U.S. District Courts – Southern and Eastern Districts of New York, District of New Jersey, District of Connecticut
Rate : $$$