Christopher Kanne practices in the area of employment law and litigation. Mr. Kanne has experience in cases involving claims of retaliation, wage and hour violations, defamation, discrimination, non-compete violations, invasion of privacy, conversion, and breach of contract.
Mr. Kanne is a 2013 graduate, with honors, of Emory University School of Law, where he was articles editor of the Emory Law Journal, and a graduate, with honors, of the University of Georgia with a B.B.A. in Finance.
- Defended employer in Missouri lawsuit from former salesperson asserting claims for retaliation and unpaid wages.
- Advised employers on restrictive covenant issues, including non-competition, customer non-solicitation, employee non-recruitment, and confidentiality.
- Defended manager in Georgia lawsuit brought by former employer for alleged breach of restrictive covenants.
- Defended transportation company against defamation claim by former employee.
- Advised companies on employment, independent contractor, and vendor agreements.
- Advised company in zoning dispute with Georgia municipality.
- Defended anonymous author of online review in defamation and tortious interference lawsuit.
- Defended university against claims that article in student newspaper was false and defamatory.
- Defended author of Facebook post against lawsuit asserting libel claims.
- Defended news station in defamation lawsuit. The Georgia Court of Appeals affirmed the trial court’s grant of summary judgment for the news station. Ladner v. New World Communications of Atlanta, Inc. (Ga. Ct. App. 2017).
- Defended producer of COPS in invasion of privacy lawsuit. The trial court granted the producer’s motion for judgment on the pleadings. Butler v. Gwinnett County, et al. (N.D. Ga. 2016).
- Represented newspaper in defamation lawsuit, resulting in the trial court granting dismissal in favor of the newspaper. Wilkerson v. Langston Chapel Middle School, et al. (S.D. Ga. 2016).
- U.S. District Court for the Northern District of Georgia
- Duane Morris LLP, – Associate, 2016-present
- Counts Law Group, – Associate, 2013-2016
Rate : $$$