Christopher O. Davis is a shareholder in the New Orleans and Washington, D.C., offices of Baker, Donelson, Bearman, Caldwell & Berkowitz, and the contact for the Firm’s International Arbitration Practice Group. For the past 30 years Mr. Davis has represented marine, energy and insurance clients in arbitration and litigation matters.
- Tulane University, J.D., 1979, cum laude
- University of Virginia, B.A., 1976, with distinction
- Canal Zone College, A.A., 1974, with honors
- Louisiana, 1979
- All Louisiana State Courts
- All Federal District and Appellate Courts in Louisiana
- United States Supreme Court
- Represented a state-owned oil company in breach of contract claims arising out of the purchase of crude oil and related antitrust disputes.
- Defended a Mexican fabrication company against claims arising out of a platform construction and transportation contract.
- Represented Japanese shipowners and underwriters in claims arising out of a collision in the Bay of Campeche, Mexico.
- Represented a Turkish company in breach of contract and tort claims arising out of a business consultancy agreement.
- Represented a British Virgin Islands company in obtaining $42 million in security for forward freight agreements dispute pending before London High Court.
- Defended a state-owned oil company against antitrust claims.
- Represented owners, hull and machinery underwriters and the P&I Club of a passenger ship in claims arising out of a major collision with a bulk carrier at the mouth of the Mississippi River.
- Represented vessel interests and their underwriters in claims arising out of sinkings, allisions and collisions in the Panama Canal.
Professional Honors & Activities:
- Member – American Bar Association
- Member – Louisiana State Bar Association
- Member – New Orleans Bar Association
- Member – Maritime Law Association of the United States
- Board Member – Maritime Law Association of the United States (2004 – 2007)
- Vice President – Comité Maritime International (2013 – 2018)
- President – Comité Maritime International (2018 – 2021)
Rate : $$$$