Christopher Douse is an associate in Baker Donelson’s Nashville office and is a member of the Corporate Finance & Securities Group. Mr. Douse focuses his practice on mergers and acquisitions, public and private equity and debt offerings, including public securities offerings and private placements of convertible debt, preferred stock, common stock and warrants, corporate governance and other general business law matters.
Mr. Douse’s practice includes the representation of venture capital funds, investors in private equity transactions, start-up companies, and private and public companies in the mature stages of their growth cycle.
Mr. Douse has particular experience in all aspects of public and private company representation, including extensive mergers and acquisitions experience for both publicly-traded and privately-held companies, public offerings, private placements, reporting obligations under the Securities Exchange Act of 1934, compliance with Sarbanes-Oxley and Dodd-Frank, and general corporate matters, including public and private capital formation, strategic alliances and joint ventures, corporate and commercial agreements, executive and employee compensation issues, corporate governance and business law advice.
He also practices in the areas of commercial finance and banking, including transactions involving vessel finance and general business, equipment and inventory finance, representing both borrowers and lenders.
Mr. Douse also coordinates on a monthly basis a pro bono clinic known as the H.E.L.P. (Homeless Experience Legal Protection) Clinic in Nashville, Tennessee in conjunction with The Room In The Inn shelter and local area law firms.
- Tulane University Law School, J.D., 2011, magna cum laude
- University of Georgia, B.A., 2007, cum laude
- Tennessee, 2015
- Louisiana, 2011
Representative Matters :
- Securities Offerings and Compliance
- Represented Community Healthcare Trust Incorporated (NYSE) in its initial public offering of 6,250,000 shares with proceeds of $145 million and its $75 million follow-on offering.
- Served as co-lead counsel for Community Healthcare Trust Incorporated (NYSE) on $750 million universal shelf on registration statement on Form S-3 of common stock, preferred stock, depositary shares, rights, warrants, debt securities and guarantees, and shelf take-down of $110 million of common stock.
- Represented two bank holding companies in connection with $55 million and $46 million initial public offerings, respectively.
- Represented a biopharmaceutical drug company in connection with a $15 million follow-on offering.
- Mergers & Acquisitions, Corporate and Restructuring Transactions
- Represented a privately-held mortgage company in the sale of substantially all of its assets to national bank for consideration in excess of $1 billion.
- Represented Direct Auto Insurance in its acquisition by Nation General Insurance (Nasdaq:NGHC) valued at approximately $165 million.
- Represented leading management consulting firm in its membership interest sale to a leading business advisory firm.
- Advised closely held trucking company in structuring and sale of business.
- Commercial Finance
- Represented lenders and borrowers in regional, national and international secured loan transactions, ranging from $2 million to $1 billion, providing working capital facilities and term loans.
- Represented buyers and sellers in mergers and acquisitions in which seller finance is involved as part of the consideration paid in the transaction.
Rate : $$$