Christopher J. Dufek’ practice focuses on class action and complex commercial litigation.
Chris is an associate in the firm’s business litigation practice in Washington, D.C. His practice focuses on complex commercial litigation, including class actions and business-to-business litigation.
He represents clients in a wide range of legal matters dealing with the RICO and antitrust statutes, fraud, and contractual disputes in both state and federal courts across the country.
He has extensive experience with internal and pre-filing investigations, electronic discovery, deposition and witness preparation, motion practice, trial preparation, and appellate review.
Chris also has successfully represented clients in numerous industries, including retail and consumer products, healthcare, railroad, financial services, and government contracts.
- Representation of a class of healthcare networks, schools and restaurants that achieved one of the largest RICO settlements ($297 million) against a major U.S. food distributor and its former foreign parent company.
- Counsel for entities in multiple federal antitrust matters, including allegations of monopolization and attempted monopolization through bundled discounting in the healthcare industry; price fixing in the retail and consumer products industry; and market allocation in the health insurance industry.
- Counsel for client seeking payment and performance of supply and service contracts with multiple state governments.
- Defended client in a multistate unclaimed property action seeking declaratory and injunctive relief as well as monetary damages.
- Defended client in the healthcare industry against multiple antitrust suits brought by the government, competitors, and a consumer class alleging similar violations of Sections 1 and 2 of the Sherman Act.
- Represented a class of healthcare providers in an antitrust case that achieved a $22 million settlement against a major global healthcare manufacturer.
- JD, Georgetown University Law Center, 2013
- BA, Yale University, 2007
- District of Columbia
Rate : $$$$