Christopher K. Eppich is an experienced litigator representing clients through patent and other complex intellectual property disputes before U.S. District Courts, the Patent Trial & Appeal Board, and the U.S. International Trade Commission. Mr. Eppich’s experience spans a range of arts and practices, including semiconductor products and processes, mobile device components, medical devices, and chemical and pharmaceutical processes.
Mr. Eppich has served as lead and co-lead counsel in commercial arbitrations and trials and has been recognized by Southern California Super Lawyers in the area of Intellectual Property Litigation. Mr. Eppich also advises clients through patent licensing and trademark disputes and counsels clients on a variety of intellectual property licensing issues.
Mr. Eppich is registered to practice before the U.S. Patent and Trademark Office and has experience in the preparation and prosecution of patent applications and regularly advised clients in the analysis of patent landscapes from both a freedom to operate and patentability perspective.
- Santa Clara University School of Law, J.D., 2003
- Brigham Young University, B.S., 2000
Bar Admissions :
- U.S. Patent and Trademark Office
Representative Matters :
- Representation of Anacor Pharmaceuticals as patent owner in three IPR proceedings brought by a Coalition for Affordable Drugs entity, challenging Anacor’s patents for KERYDIN.
- Representation of Elbit Systems Land and C4I Ltd. as patent owner in four IPR proceedings filed by Hughes Network Systems LLC challenging Elbit’s patents relating to satellite and cellular communication systems. Obtained a complete victory, with the PTAB denying institution of all four petitions and rejecting Hughes’ request for rehearing on the first petition.
- Representation of Peregrine Semiconductor as patent owner in an IPR proceeding brought by RF Micro Devices involving radio frequency switch devices. Secured favorable settlement for Peregrine, terminating the proceeding and co-pending litigation.
- Representation of one of the world’s leading automobile airbag manufacturers in ongoing product liability and consumer protection litigation, including in ongoing MDL proceedings and individual state cases.
- DTS, Inc. (Judicial Arbitration and Mediation Services). Lead counsel for DTS in securing payment of past royalties in a mediation over licensing obligations.
- Advised GSK on intellectual property matters pertaining to its collaboration with 23andMe for the use of genetic and phenotypic data to engage in various research and development activities.
Pro Bono :
- Regularly advises non-profit organizations on trademark matters.
- Successfully represented an indigent client in a habeas proceeding challenging a life sentence without parole under California’s Three Strikes law in Orange County Superior Court.
- Successfully obtained political asylum for an indigent refugee from the Democratic Republic of Congo.
Memberships and Affiliations : Los Angeles Intellectual Property Law Association
Rate : $$$