Christopher P,B. Erckert has built an active practice representing sponsors and financial institutions in corporate financings, project financings, and other financing and restructuring transactions. Christopher also has significant experience in representing buyers, sellers, and financing parties in acquisition and divestiture transactions.
Christopher’s experience includes a broad range of financing structures, including those provided by commercial banks, multilateral agencies, export and other official creditors, and capital markets (through 144A/Reg S issuances as well as traditional private placements). Christopher’s practice includes a particular emphasis on energy and infrastructure-related work – having advised on the financing, development, and restructuring of more than 10,000 MW of conventional and renewable power generation and groundbreaking transactions in water and transport sectors.
His experience within the power sector includes generation, transmission and distribution, and he frequently provides counsel on a broad array of other infrastructure and industrial matters, including rigs, LNG facilities, gas pipelines, water treatment facilities, toll roads, port infrastructure, and manufacturing facilities.
Christopher has extensive experience in Latin America, where his fluency in Portuguese and Spanish, in addition to English, enables him to negotiate and review contracts in all three languages.
He has represented clients in several of the most innovative and noteworthy transactions in the region, having led more than a dozen “Deals of the Year” and having led transactions in the United States, Brazil, Mexico, Chile, Peru, Colombia, Argentina, the Dominican Republic, Guatemala, Nicaragua, and elsewhere around the globe.
- Columbia University, JD, Harlan Fiske Stone Scholar
- Oglethorpe University, BA, magna cum laude
- New York
- District of Columbia
- Represented a consortium in connection with a bid for the PPP contract of six road corridors in Argentina under the country’s “Safe Highways and Roads Network” program.
- Represented a leading European infrastructure company in connection with the proposed financing of a Paraguayan PPP water project with a publicly reported capital cost of some US$600 million.
- Represented Interchile S.A. as borrower on a senior secured loan arranged by a club international banks and a VAT facility arranged by Chilean banks. The project comprises the design, construction, development, ownership and operation of several transmission lines in the Central Interconnected Grid (SIC) and the Northern Interconnected Grid (SING) of Chile and has a publicly reported estimated project cost of US$1.3 billion. This transaction was named Best Power Deal 2016 by LatinFinance.
- Represented Acciona in the US$148.5 million 144A/Reg S project bond financing of the Oaxaca II wind power project and the US$150.2 million 144A/Reg S project bond financing of the Oaxaca IV wind power project in Mexico. These were two of the first Latin American project bonds to receive international investment grade ratings. These transactions were named as the Latin America Project Bond Deal of the Year 2012 by Project Finance magazine and Best Renewable Energy Financing 2013 by Latin Finance magazine.
- Advised a multilateral lender in connection with its first partial risk guarantee, issued in connection with US$100 million capital market financing of a wastewater facility in Bogota, Colombia. Named Deal of the Year by both Project Finance International and Project Finance.
- Represented the lender in the project financing of the Mayakan Pipeline, an approximately 700 kilometer natural gas pipeline that was Mexico’s first privately owned gas pipeline. Named Deal of the Year by Institutional Investor.
Rate : $$$$