Christopher Baeza’s practice focuses on mergers and acquisitions, private equity transactions, securities compliance, corporate finance and general corporate matters. Mr. Baeza has represented public and private companies, private equity firms, and investment banks in a variety of corporate transactions. Some of his representations include:
- ONEOK, Inc. in its acquisition of all of the outstanding common units of ONEOK Partners, L.P. not owned by ONEOK for $9.3 billion;
- Atlas Resource Partners, L.P. in its Chapter 11 bankruptcy proceedings, including approval of its prepackaged restructuring plan and its emergence as Titan Energy, LLC;
- CEMEX SAB in its sale of assets in Texas and New Mexico to Grupo Cementos de Chihuahua for $306 million;
- Leidos Holdings, Inc. in a Reverse Morris Trust transaction to combine Lockheed Martin Corporation’s Information Systems & Global Solutions business segment with Leidos;
- Kelso & Co. and Stone Point Capital, the private equity owners of Helios, a pharmacy benefit management company, in the sale of Helios to OptumRx Inc., the pharmacy benefit management unit of UnitedHealth Group Inc.;
- Frontier Communications in its $2 billion cash acquisition of residential and business wireline assets from AT&T;
- Dover Corporation in its spin-off of Knowles Corporation, which comprised Dover’s communication technologies business, into a stand-alone publicly traded company;
- Anheuser-Busch InBev in its $20.1 billion acquisition of the remaining stake of Mexico’s Grupo Modelo, S.A.B. de C.V that it did not already own.
Mr. Baeza also has experience handling a range of SEC-related filings and matters, and has assisted in matters relating to corporate restructuring, securities law, and limited partnership and limited liability company agreements.
- J.D., The University of Chicago Law School, 2010
- M.B.A., University of Chicago, 2010
- B.A., Cornell University, 2004
- New York
Rate : $$$