Christopher Lonegro is an attorney with Baker Donelson’s Intellectual Property Group. Mr. Lonegro is a registered patent attorney who focuses his practice on obtaining, protecting and commercializing patent, trademark and other intellectual property rights for innovative engineers, scientists, federal agencies and companies ranging from startups to publicly traded corporations.
In addition to preparing and prosecuting patent applications and trademark registrations, Chris’ work includes counseling clients with regard to strategic decisions concerning intellectual property rights.
He enjoys working closely not only with technical teams, but also with marketing, branding and management to develop a comprehensive approach to intellectual property capture and deployment, including such tasks as brand development; both patent and trademark clearance, infringement and validity opinions; and negotiating IP licensing and transfer agreements.
Chris is also experienced in the adjudication of intellectual property disputes at both the administrative level and in state and federal courts. He has significant experience defending and enforcing trademark rights on the USPTO Principal Register through ex parte appeals and inter partes opposition, and cancellation proceedings before the TTAB.
He has also litigated patent, trademark and copyright infringement claims in multiple federal jurisdictions up to and including the U.S. Court of Appeals for the Federal Circuit.
- University of Maryland, J.D., 2005, with honors
- The Johns Hopkins University, M.B.A., 2001
- Syracuse University, B.S., 1996
- Court of Appeals of Maryland
- U.S. District Court for the District of Maryland
- U.S. Court of Appeals for the Federal Circuit
- District of Columbia
- Prepared and prosecuted patent applications for U.S. national laboratory for multiple advances in dynamic flight control systems, fiber optic sensing systems and thermal targeting test systems.
- Obtained summary judgment of patent non-infringement twice for defendant travel goods manufacturer on remand of plaintiff’s appeal from U.S. Court of Appeals for the Federal Circuit.
- Negotiated and drafted intellectual property provisions of international affiliate agreement for U.S. headquartered multinational non-profit.
- Represented and advised American nutrition and weight loss company with respect to domestic trademark protection as well as major brand expansion into Central America.
Professional Honors & Activities:
- Board Member – Londontown Foundation (2015 – present)
- Board Member – The Caroline Center (2009 – present)
- Listed as a Maryland Rising Star in Maryland Super Lawyers, Intellectual Property (2009 – 2010, 2013 – 2015)
- Member – Maryland Bar Association
- Member – District of Columbia Bar Association
Rate : $$$