Christopher Gabbard is an associate in the Fort Lauderdale office of Lewis Brisbois and is a member of the Corporate Practice. Chris currently concentrates his practice on joint venture and corporate finance transactions, mergers and acquisitions, private equity transactions, public and private securities offerings, corporate governance and compliance, and other general corporate law matters.
His work spans a range of industries, including telecommunications, technology, engineering, commercial real estate development and private equity. Mr. Gabbard also has experience assisting clients in connection with initial public offerings and the preparation of SEC filings, including proxy statements, registration statements and annual, quarterly, and current reports, and has experience in conducting due diligence and researching and drafting legal and client memoranda.
In addition, he has experience advising clients interested in raising capital for and establishing regional centers to administer projects qualifying for investment under the EB-5 Entrepreneur Investment Visa Program across the country and in a variety of industries, including preparing the necessary documents.
Mr. Gabbard started his career with the enforcement division of the California Department of Business Oversight where he assisted senior corporations counsel with securities and commodities fraud litigation cases resulting in multimillion-dollar judgments In addition, he has represented brokers and broker dealers in litigation and FINRA arbitration matters. Mr. Gabbard joined Lewis Brisbois as associate from an AM Law 100 Firm.
- California Western School of Law, Juris Doctor, cum laude
- University of California, Irvine, Bachelor of Arts, Business Economics
Admissions : State Bar Admissions, California, Florida
Representative Cases :
- Mergers & Acquisitions
- Represented restaurant franchise owner in its purchase of additional franchise locations and related real estate for $12.5 million.
- Represented restaurant franchise owner in its purchase of additional franchise locations and related real estate for $17.785 million
- Represented shipping company in its $2.1 million purchase of galvanized chassis, its $1.675 million purchase of containers, its $3.36 million purchase of reefer containers and various equipment purchases for an aggregate of approximately $2 million.
- Private Equity and other Fundraising
- Represented internet and technology service provider in connection with its preparations for $25 million initial public offering.
- Represented wine manufacturing and exclusive membership club in its $1.1 million initial fund raising.
- Represented holding company of various franchise restaurants in an offering of $2.5 million of limited partnership interests.
- Other Representations
- Represented digital marketing company in connection with litigation resulting from unfair competition and trade secret infringement claims, resulting in settlement of all claims.
- Represented nationwide registered broker-dealer in multiple FINRA arbitration proceedings resulting in substantially reduced administrative fines.
Rate : $$$