C. Christopher Giragosian has more than 40 years of experience advising clients on matters concerning corporate finance transactions and all aspects of commercial law, including public finance and banking law, and transactional work for financial institutions.
Clients seek Chris’s practical, business-minded advice on all aspects of corporate finance and commercial law, but his particular areas of focus include real estate financing, construction and development, government contract financing, public debt and equity financings, letter of credit transactions, loan participations and syndications, loan workouts and restructurings.
Prior to joining the firm, Chris was Senior Corporate Counsel at Bank of Virginia, gaining practical skills that enable him to understand both the legal and business issues at stake. He works diligently with his clients to develop and negotiate terms and structures that work best for them.
Chris prides himself on being responsive and efficient, ensuring no time is wasted on unnecessary posturing or over-lawyering.
Chris regularly leads CLE programs on banking law for the Virginia Law Foundation.
- Special assignment as a workout consultant for regional bank.
- Represented Fortune 500 corporations in connection with financings for takeovers aggregating over $1 billion.
- Represented agent banks in connection with acquisitions of major government contracts.
- Represented numerous lenders and technology companies in connection with mergers and acquisitions, venture capital financings and asset based loans.
- Represents financial institutions in connection with tax-exempt financings.
- Represented major real estate company in connection with mezzanine loans and workouts.
- Represented numerous institutional investors in connection with federal, state and local government leases.
- Represented commercial finance subsidiary of Fortune 500 corporation in providing financing of energy savings and generation projects.
- JD, University of Richmond School of Law, 1976
- BA, Mathematics, Washington and Lee University, magna cum laude, 1973
- District of Columbia
Rate : $$$$