Christopher K. Greene, an accomplished leveraged finance lawyer, serves as managing partner of McGuireWoods’ Atlanta office and leads the life sciences subgroup of the firm’s Healthcare & Life Sciences Industry Team.
Chris represents agents, lenders and borrowers across industries in syndicated and bilateral finance transactions, including working capital lines of credit and leveraged buyouts, with a focus on the healthcare and life sciences sectors.
He advises on transactions in the areas of senior care, physician practice management, early-stage life sciences companies, pharmaceutical manufacturers and distributers, and hospital and other provider organizations.
The types of leveraged finance transactions that Chris handles include asset-based loans, cash-flow loans, acquisition financing, real estate financing, venture financing, second-lien transactions, mezzanine debt financing, letter-of-credit facilities, trade-receivable securitizations and debtor-in-possession financings. Such transactions include the financing of private equity-backed, closely held and publicly traded companies.
Chris’ experience includes financing and acquisition transactions for skilled nursing facilities (operators and owners), physician groups, long-term acute care hospitals, early-stage life sciences companies, pharmaceutical manufacturers and distributers, and hospital and other provider organizations.
His work has earned him recognition for banking and finance law in the prestigious Chambers USA guide and in The Best Lawyers in America. Chris also is a frequent speaker at McGuireWoods’ annual Healthcare and Life Sciences Private Equity and Finance Conference.
- Representation of a major U.S. financial institution, as administrative agent and lender in connection with senior secured credit facilities to finance the operation and acquisition of skilled nursing and long term care facilities.
- Representation of a major U.S. financial institution, as administrative agent and lender in connection with senior secured real estate loan to finance a hospital and nursing facilities chain.
- Representation of a major U.S. financial institution, as administrative agent and lender in the funding and subsequent maintenance of a credit facility for a pharmaceutical sales and manufacturing company.
- Representation of a major investment and corporate banking services company in funding and maintenance of a senior secured credit facility for a national television broadcasting corporation.
- Representation of the administrative agent and lender in connection with a venture loan facility for an early-stage pharmaceutical company.
- Representation of the administrative agent and lender in connection with a venture loan facility for an early-stage medical device manufacturer.
- The University of Georgia School of Law, JD, cum laude, Notes Editor, Georgia Law Review, 2001
- The University of Georgia, BBA, Accounting, 1997
Admissions : Georgia
- Member, American Bar Association
- Member, Business Law Section and Uniform Commercial Code Committee, Georgia Bar Association
- Member, Class of 2010, Leadership Buckhead
- Volunteer, Hands on Atlanta
- Volunteer and Event Coordinator, PUSH America (People Understanding the Severely Handicapped)
- Pro Bono Legal Assistance Provider, Grandparent Adoption Program, Atlanta Legal Aid
Rate : $$$