Chris Rooney is a litigator (criminal and civil) whose practice focuses on investigations of environmental, fraud, antitrust, investment funds and False Claims Act violations, particularly by state and federal government. He has also represented partners in various real estate and hedge fund who have sued each other.
- Representation of two multi-billion dollar international construction companies in five year criminal/civil investigation in connection with government contract valued at over $500,000,000
- Representation of investment advisor in criminal/civil investigation of failure of $300,000,000 Bayou Hedge Fund
- Representation of individual limited partners sued by government in multiple civil suits related to failure of $40,000,000 Small Business Investment Company
- Representation of targets/subjects in various government criminal investigations related to construction, trash hauling, perjury, Medicare fraud, money laundering/structuring, insurance fraud, antitrust and hedge funds
- Connecticut Bar Association
- Executive Committee of the Federal Practice Section, Connecticut Bar Association
- New Haven Bar Association
- Sterling House Community Service, Stratford, CT
- Mighty Quinn Foundation, Inc.
- University of Virginia, B.A., 1977 ~ Honors
- University of Connecticut School of Law, J.D., 1984
Rate : $$$