Christopher Ulery concentrates his practice in the areas of mergers and acquisitions, and other corporate transactions, primarily in matters involving insurance and reinsurance companies. Mr. Ulery has represented purchasers, sellers, targets and financial advisors in a wide variety of transactions, including private and public acquisitions and divestitures, joint ventures, capital-raising transactions and other corporate matters.
Mr. Ulery repeatedly has been selected as a leading lawyer in Chambers USA: America’s Leading Lawyers for Business. Some of Mr. Ulery’s significant transactions include the representation of:
- NBIC Holdings, Inc. in its acquisition by Heritage Insurance Holdings, Inc.;
- Aquarian Holdings LLC in its acquisition of Investors Heritage Capital Corporation;
- BTG Pactual S.A. in the disposition of the business of Ariel Re to Argo Group International Holdings;
- Voya Financial, Inc. and its subsidiary ReliaStar Life Insurance Company in a reinsurance transaction in which ReliaStar ceded its runoff workers compensation carve-out and occupational accident business to Enstar Group Limited;
- Keefe, Bruyette & Woods as financial advisor to Mutual Trust Financial Group in its merger with Pan-American Life Insurance Group;
- State Farm in the $1.5 billion sale of its Canadian operations to Desjardins Group and related $400 million investment in preferred shares of Desjardins Group’s post-closing property and casualty insurance business;
- Hamilton Insurance Group, Ltd. in its acquisition of S.A.C. Re, Ltd. and its initial formation and capital raise;
- Delaware Life Holdings, LLC in its $1.35 billion acquisition of the U.S. annuity business and certain life insurance businesses of Sun Life Financial Inc.;
- Global Strategies Group in its acquisition of all of the capital stock of SFA, Inc., a global supplier of hardware and software products and engineering services for defense, communications and IT applications.
- J.D., Ohio State University College of Law, 1997
- B.A., Kent State University, 1993
Admissions : District of Columbia
Rate : $$$