For more than 15 years, Christopher K. Ralston has represented clients on a broad range of commercial litigation matters. He focuses his practice in the areas of antitrust law, business torts, trade secret litigation and contract disputes, tax litigation, securities litigation and arbitration, direct selling and intellectual property litigation.
Chris regularly advises multinational corporations as well as emerging businesses, serving as the main litigation contact for a number of the firm’s institutional clients. In addition to his commercial litigation practice, Chris is a member of the firm’s appellate practice and has been appointed as a practice coordinator for the firm’s litigation group in New Orleans.
Chris regularly litigates breach of contract disputes and enforcement of non-competition, licensing and distributor agreements in both state and federal courts. He has tried antitrust, securities fraud, federal qui tam/False Claims Act cases, large real estate suits and a variety of commercial disputes on behalf of his clients.
Through his appellate practice, Chris has successfully handled appeals at each of the five Louisiana Circuit Courts of Appeal, the Supreme Court of Louisiana, the Fifth Circuit of the U.S. Court of Appeals, and the United States Court of Appeals for the Federal Circuit.
In addition to his legal practice, Chris frequently serves as a guest lecturer for several bar associations and has presented on topics including E-Discovery, social media issues, cybersecurity, data breaches and trade secret litigation to judicial colleges, in-house counsel and private practitioners.
Chris has also contributed to the development of Phelps Dunbar’s eDiscovery Team, which serves to ensure that the firm’s lawyers are on the cutting edge of evolving legislative and jurisprudential rules that govern electronic discovery, using the best tools available to efficiently collect, review and produce electronic data for the firm’s clients.
- Tulane University Law School, J.D., 1999
- College of William and Mary, B.A. in International Relations, 1992
- U.S. District Court, Eastern District of Louisiana
- U.S. District Court, Middle District of Louisiana
- U.S. District Court, Northern District of Texas
- U.S. District Court, Western District of Tennessee
- U.S. Court of Appeals for the Federal Circuit
CLERKSHIP: Judicial Law Clerk to The Hon. Eldon E. Fallon, U.S. District Court, Eastern District of Louisiana
- Louisiana Bar Foundation (Treasurer, 2018-present; Board of Directors, 2014-present; Fellow, 2010-present)
- New Orleans Bar Association (President, 2016-present; President-elect, 2015-2016; Vice President, 2013-2015; Board of Directors, 2008-present); Public Service Committee (Chair); Young Lawyers Section (Past Chair)
- Southeast Louisiana Legal Services (Vice President, 2015-present; First Vice President, 2011-2012; Officer, Member, Board of Directors, 2009-present)
- American Diabetes Association, National Board of Directors (2018 – Present), New Orleans Community Leadership Board (Board Chair, 2014-present; Board Member, 2009-present)
Rate : $$$