Christopher G. Kulp’s practice focuses on municipal bond finance, with emphasis in the areas of federal securities and tax law as well as state and local government law.
His representations include bond counsel, underwriter’s counsel, lender’s counsel, counsel to state and local government issuers and counsel to private schools, colleges and universities.
As such, Chris has gained extensive experience utilizing various financing structures and techniques, including general obligation financings, utility revenue financings, lease revenue and other “subject to appropriation” financings, tax increment financings, special assessment financings, tax anticipation financings and specialized project financings.
- Assisted issuers in financing broad array of projects, including water and wastewater facilities, schools, universities, court facilities, parking facilities, public buildings and hospitals.
- Served as bond counsel and underwriter’s counsel on community development authority financings to provide public infrastructure in support of residential, commercial and retail developments.
- Worked on multi-jurisdictional financings for various public facilities, such as utility systems, convention centers and regional jails.
- Worked on public/private financings to facilitate construction of school facilities, transportation improvements, outdoor arena, hotel and conference center.
- Represented numerous issuers in financings through the various programs administered by the Virginia Resources Authority and the Virginia Public School Authority.
- Worked with issuers as well as underwriters on implementing newer bond structures, such as “Build America Bonds,” qualified school construction bonds, and recovery zone economic development bonds.
- JD, University of Richmond School of Law, Senior Notes & Comments Editor, University of Richmond Law Review, McNeill Honor Society, 1992
- BA, History and Classics, University of Virginia, Echols Scholar, 1988
- Member, National Association of Bond Lawyers
- Member, Virginia Local Government Attorneys Association
- Member, Bond Club of Virginia
- Member, Virginia Bar Association
- Co-Chair, Virginia Bar Association-Young Lawyers Division Central Virginia Pro Bono Hotline
- Member, City of Richmond Bar Association
Rate : $$$