Christopher K. Larus is member of Robins Kaplan LLP. Innovation is the lifeblood of the American economy. For more than 25 years, Chris has helped his clients protect their intellectual property rights.
He tries complex patent, trademark, copyright, trade secret, and licensing cases. He represents both plaintiffs and defendants in courts throughout the country, and in both national and international arbitration.
Chris chairs Robins Kaplan’s national Intellectual Property and Technology Litigation practice. He works with clients to protect and monetize intellectual property assets outside of disputes context.
He has extensive experience planning and implementing licensing campaigns involving a broad range of intellectual property assets and technologies. He works to tailor licensing and enforcement strategies designed to maximize each clients’ return on innovation.
In addition to directly advocating for his clients, Chris has extensive experience as an arbitrator in both national and international arbitration.
He serves as an appointed arbitrator in disputes before the American Arbitration Association (AAA), International Centre For Dispute Resolution (ICDR), World Intellectual Property Organization (WIPO) and China International Economic and Trade Arbitration Commission (CIETAC).
He is a frequent lecturer and author on intellectual property topics, and is often quoted in the business and legal press. For a full list of his publications, presentations and representative matters, see the listing below.
Chris is also a trusted business advisor and serves on advisory boards for several innovative technology-focused companies. He is married to his wife of 17 years, and is the father of two creative and talented daughters.
- University of Minnesota, J.D.,
- University of Wisconsin, Madison, B.S.
- New York
- U.S. Court of Appeals, First Circuit
- U.S. Court of Appeals, Fifth Circuit
- U.S. Court of Appeals, Eighth Circuit
- U.S. Court of Appeals, Ninth Circuit
- U.S. Court of Appeals, Federal Circuit
- U.S. District Court, District of Colorado
- U.S. District Court, District of Minnesota
- U.S. District Court, Northern District of New York
- American Arbitration Association Commercial Disputes Panel, Member
- World Intellectual Property Organization (WIPO) Center For Dispute Resolution, Member
Rate : $$$$