Christopher M. Leich, a partner in the firm’s tax & benefits practice group, advises clients on the federal income tax aspects of acquisitions and dispositions of public and private companies, and the formation and operation of private investment funds.
Chris regularly represents major private equity sponsors, including Bain Capital, TPG Capital, Silver Lake Partners, and Berkshire Partners.
- JD, cum laude, Harvard Law School, 1987
- BPhil, with Distinction, University of Oxford, 1977
- BA, High Honors, Swarthmore College, 1975
ADMISSIONS / QUALIFICATIONS : Massachusetts, 1987
MEMBERSHIP & AFFILIATIONS :
- American Bar Association
- Boston Bar Association
- International Bar Association
- Massachusetts Bar Association
- Advised TPG Capital on numerous large-cap and middle-market private equity investments, including J. Crew and IMS Health, as well as extensive real-estate related fundraising and investment matters, including its 2014 acquisition of a controlling stake in a $2.5B high-yield mortgage portfolio from Deutsche Bank.
- Advised Bain Capital and its affiliates on the formation of numerous private equity and hedge funds, including its current flagship fund Bain Capital Partners Fund XI (2014), as well as numerous private equity investments, including Canada Goose, Gymboree, the Weather Channel, Outback Steakhouses, and Michaels Stores.
- Advised a consortium of seven private equity sponsors in their $11B acquisition of SunGard Data Systems, and subsequently advised SunGard and its owners on SunGard’s 2014 tax-free spin-off of its availability services business.
Rate : $$$