Christopher E. Loh practices complex patent litigation in the areas of pharmaceuticals, biotechnology, and chemistry. As lead or co-counsel, Chris has litigated patent cases involving oncology therapies, anti-HIV therapies, anti-hepatitis drugs, antidepressants, and statins.
He has argued before numerous federal district courts and the United States Court of Appeals for the Federal Circuit, and has won in inter partes review (IPR) proceedings before the Patent Trial and Appeal Board (PTAB), on behalf of patent owners.
In addition to his litigation work, Chris counsels clients on transactional and patent prosecution issues concerning both small-molecule drugs and biological products, such as recombinant antibodies. He also provides advice on a range of intellectual property matters, including inventorship, trade secrets, and licensing.
- Represented Novartis Pharmaceuticals Corp. against multiple defendants in cases concerning patents for Novartis’s Alzheimer’s disease treatment, Exelon® Patch (rivastigmine)
- Represented Novartis AG against Teva Pharmaceuticals USA, Inc. in a case concerning patents for Novartis’s organ transplant rejection therapy, Myfortic® (mycophenolic acid)
- Represented Genzyme Corporation against multiple defendants in cases concerning patents for Genzyme’s renal disease treatment, Hectorol® (doxercalciferol)
- Represented Novartis Pharmaceuticals Corp. against Mylan Pharmaceuticals, Inc. in a case concerning patents for Novartis’s statin drug, Lescol® (fluvastatin)
- Represented Adams Respiratory Therapeutics, Inc. against Mutual Pharmaceutical Co., Inc. in a case concerning patents for Adams’ antitussive drug, Mucinex® (guaifenisen)
- Represented IBM Corp. against Sky Technologies Inc. in a case concerning patents for Sky’s automated negotiation software
- J.D. Columbia Law School 1998
- B.S. Yale University 1995
Bar Admissions : New York
Court Admissions :
- U.S. Patent and Trademark Office
- U.S. District Court for the Southern District of New York
- U.S. District Court for the Eastern District of New York
- Court of Appeals for the Federal Circuit
Professional Memberships :
- Frequent author on intellectual property issues; articles have appeared in Lexology, the National Law Journal, the New York Law Journal, Bloomberg IP, and Managing Intellectual Property
- Presented at the BIO IPCC Counsels conference and the New Jersey Intellectual Property Law Association Pharmaceutical/Chemical Patent Practice Update
Rate : $$$