Christopher M. McDonald has concentrated his practice in the area of environmental, regulatory and toxic tort law and has experience with indoor air quality, crisis management and food safety issues.
Much of his work involves complex, high-stakes matters where he provides clients with innovative approaches to quickly and effectively reach positive outcomes. Most recently, he has significant experience dealing with complex environmental river sediments sites.
He also has extensive experience in environmental and toxic tort litigation in federal and state courts and comprehensive experience in counseling clients on a broad range of environmental, regulatory, transactional and standard-setting issues.
He has experience with a number of environmental statutes, including Comprehensive Environmental Response, Compensation and Liability Act, Resource Conservation and Recovery Act, the Clean Air Act and the Clean Water Act.
He also has experience with the Occupational Safety and Health Administration Act. He has participated in trials in both state and federal court.
A considerable part of Chris’s practice has focused on advising clients on regulatory and standard-setting initiatives, including those relating to indoor air quality issues.
He also focuses on advising clients relating to litigation avoidance and preparedness and crisis management. Much of his work deals with complex scientific and technical issues.
Chris also has served as managing partner of Shook’s General Litigation and Business Services Division and on the firm’s Executive Committee.
- J.D., with honors, University of Texas at Austin School of Law, 1989
- B.A., with highest distinction, University of Kansas, 1986
- U.S. District Court, District of Kansas
- U.S. District Court, Western District of Missouri
- American Bar Association, Section of Natural Resources and Environment
- The Missouri Bar
- American Society of Heating, Refrigerating and Air-Conditioning Engineers, associate member
- The 3&2 Baseball Club of Johnson County, Inc., former president; board member (2001-present)
Rate : $$$$