Christopher Dean is a shareholder in Baker Donelson’s Baltimore office. Chris advises physicians, physician group practices, hospitals, and other health care facilities regarding Medicare and Medicaid billing and compliance, the Stark Law, the anti-kickback statute, the Maryland Patient Referral Law, the Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act (HIPAA) and patient privacy.
He spends a considerable amount of time advising clients on advanced payment systems, including accountable care organizations (ACOs), bundled payment systems (BPCI), the Merit-Based Incentive Payment System (MIPS), the Comprehensive Care for Joint Replacement program (CJR), and other payment models created since the passing of the Affordable Care Act in 2010.
Chris has also worked with clients on a variety of issues involving nonprofit entities, mergers and acquisitions, antitrust issues, the purchase and sale of ambulatory surgical centers, professional corporations and other entities, contract negotiation, entity formation, employment and consulting agreements, and other corporate and limited liability company matters.
- University of Baltimore School of Law, J.D., 2004, summa cum laude
- United States Naval Academy, B.S., 1994, with merit
- Court of Appeals of Maryland
- Member – American Bar Association
- Member – American Health Lawyers Association
- Member – Anne Arundel County Bar Association
- Member – Attorney Grievance Commission of Maryland
- Member – Lawyers Campaign Against Hunger
Rate : $$$$