Christopher H. Patay leads Pillsbury’s Corporate Group in Los Angeles, where he advises companies on mergers and acquisitions, financings, joint ventures, strategic alliances and other significant corporate matters.
Chris advises companies with respect to mergers and acquisitions, investments and joint ventures. He has regularly represented several Japanese and UK companies in their U.S. acquisitions and investments.
Chris also represents both issuers and investors in venture capital transactions involving debt and equity securities, including dozens of startup companies in angel and venture capital investment rounds.
He has substantial experience advising companies with respect to corporate governance, commercial transactions, technology license and development arrangements and product distribution.
REPRESENTATIVE EXPERIENCE :
- Represented JXTG Nippon Oil & Energy in its sale of Irvine Scientific to FujiFilm Corporation.
- Represented All Nippon Airways Trading Co., Ltd. in its acquisition of an equity interest in and joint venture with GA Telesis.
- Represented Eagle Pictures in its investment in Spyglass Media Group, a joint venture with Lantern Entertainment and Gary Barber, to hold the media assets of the former Weinstein Co. and Spyglass Media.
- Represented Sojitz Corporation and Green Tec Corporation in their acquisition of Stratosphere Quality LLC.
- Represented NEC Corporation on US legal matters in connection with its sale of Tokin Corporation to KEMET Corporation.
- Serves as outside general counsel to a number of venture-backed and other startup and emerging growth companies, where he advises boards of directors on strategic business matters.
- Represented Hitachi America Ltd. and Hitachi Industrial Equipment Systems Co. Ltd. in their acquisition of L.A. Supply Co.
- Represented Sanyo Electric Co. Ltd. in sale of its wireless business in North America to Kyocera Corp.
- Represented Noritsu America Corp. in connection with the sale of its majority interest in Lucidiom Inc.
- Represented Hampson Industries PLC in its acquisition of Odyssey Industries Inc., Global Tooling Systems, Composites Horizon’s Inc., Coast Composites Inc. and Lamsco West Inc.
- American Bar Association
- Los Angeles County Bar Association
- J.D., University of California, Los Angeles, School of Law, 1996
- B.A./B.A., Economics and Political Science, University of California, Berkeley, 1992
ADMISSIONS : California
Rate : $$$$