Christopher Paul Galanek is a trial lawyer. He handles complex commercial litigation matters and arbitrations involving business disputes, unfair competition and breaches of fiduciary duty. Mr. Galanek has extensive experience handling matters involving temporary restraining orders and requests for preliminary and permanent injunctive relief.
The various complex litigation matters handled by Mr. Galanek in the last several years have included consumer class actions and class arbitrations for electronic payment processers and financial institutions; disputes between payment processers, ISO’s, MSP’s and merchants; unfair competition and false advertising claims for medical device manufacturers; and, arbitrations for healthcare providers over proper reimbursement rates for surgical procedures.
A significant portion of Mr. Galanek’s practice is litigating the enforceability of noncompetition and nonsolicitation covenants, litigating claims arising out of employment relationships, including discrimination claims and executive compensation issues, and litigating trade secret disputes for high growth companies, financial institutions and Fortune 500 Corporations.
Mr. Galanek frequently advises clients on the protection of their trade secrets, the scope of proper post-employment restrictions and the competitive recruitment of employees. Mr. Galanek is familiar with, and has participated in, various forms of alternative dispute resolution, including mediation and arbitration both as an advocate and as a neutral.
- University of Georgia, J.D., magna cum laude, Order of the Coif, 1991
- University of Georgia, B.B.A., 1986
- Georgia, 1991
- United States Court of Appeals for the Eleventh Circuit
- United States District Court for the Eastern District of Arkansas, District of Colorado, Eastern, Middle and Northern Districts of Georgia, Eastern District of Michigan, and the Eastern and Western Districts of North Carolina
- Supreme Court of Georgia
- Georgia Court of Appeals
Professional Affiliations :
- Atlanta Bar Association
- Sandy Springs Bar Association
- Federal Bar Association
- Bleckley Inn of Court, Master
Rate : $$$