Christopher J. Preate concentrates his practice on local, regional, and national transactions, including joint venture arrangements; project finance transactions; office, industrial and retail leases; transactions involving the development of office, retail, and other commercial uses; financing and work-out transactions; and municipal land use matters.
His clients include investors and owners in restaurant, multi-family properties, office buildings, educational assets, commercial retail sites, and retail shopping centers. Chris is a member of the International Council of Shopping Centers and is a U.S. Green Building Council LEED accredited professional with a comprehensive understanding of green building practices, principles, and goals.
Chris received his bachelor of science degree in accounting from the University of Scranton in 1993, and earned his law degree, cum laude, from Widener University School of Law in 1996. Chris is admitted to practice in Pennsylvania, New York, New Jersey, and Florida, and is a member of the American, Pennsylvania, New Jersey, Florida, New York, Philadelphia, and Lackawanna County Bar Associations.
- Represented a newly formed Delaware Special Purpose Entity affiliated with Merion Realty Partners, LLC in connection with its acquisition of The Ledges Apartments in Groton, Conn. In addition to the acquisition, the representation included preparation of the private placement documents, a joint venture agreement, and a substantial agency loan.
- Represented Hallets Point, a $1 billion, 2,500 residential unit complex on the waterfront in approval for construction from the New York City Council.
- Represented the buyer in the purchase of one hundred percent of the membership interests in a Pennsylvania-based company that operates one of the country’s most critically acclaimed Italian restaurants.
- Represented a landlord in connection with a 105,000 sq. ft. turnkey lease to a division of a Fortune 500 company.
- Represented a private real estate fund in a $60 million credit facility from a regional bank for purposes of acquiring educational related real estate assets.
- Represented a public agency in the acquisition, leaseback, and development of a state-of-the-art distribution facility valued at $216 million.
- Represented a private joint venture in its $28.5 million construction loan from a regional bank in connection with the development of a design build education facility.
- Widener University School of Law, J.D., cum laude, 1996
- University of Scranton, B.S., 1993
BAR ADMISSIONS : Florida; New Jersey; New York; Pennsylvania
COURT ADMISSIONS :
- Pennsylvania Supreme Court
- Supreme Court of Florida
- Supreme Court of New Jersey
- U.S. District Court — Middle District of Pennsylvania
- U.S. District Court — New Jersey
- American Bar Association
- Florida Bar Association
- Lackawanna County Bar Association
- New Jersey State Bar Association
- Pennsylvania Bar Association
- Philadelphia Bar Association
Rate : $$$$