Christopher Saunders works with the Firm’s Municipal Government Law and Public Land Use and Zoning Law Groups, focusing on land use, planning and zoning, and general municipal law. Prior to joining the firm, he served as Assistant City Attorney for the City of Hallandale Beach. In addition to drafting legislation for presentation to the City Commission, Chris advised the City’s departments on various legal issues as they arose.
He drafted, reviewed, and negotiated agreements on behalf of the City. He also advised the City’s Unsafe Structures Board and the Planning and Zoning Board as it reviewed development applications, variances, and other zoning matters.
Chris has experience in procurement law and policy, public private partnerships, land use and zoning issues, construction contracts, professional service agreements and utility easements, as well as developing municipal policies. He also has experience representing municipalities in general litigation, municipal violations, and code enforcement hearings. Prior to joining the City, Chris was an associate at an insurance defense litigation firm.
Chris is actively involved in the TJ Reddick Bar Association, serving as the Community Service Chair for 2016-2017, and is on the Board of Directors for the 3G Project, a non-profit organization that serves foster children in Broward and Dade Counties.
- University of Miami School of Law, JD, 2013
- Honors: Dean’s Merit Scholar 2010-2013
- Kozyak, Tropin, & Throckmorton Award Winner for Litigation Skills, 2012
- Suffolk University, M.Ed. Higher Education Administration, 2010
- University of Florida, B.A. 2008
Professional Associations and Memberships:
- TJ Reddick Bar Association, President, 2018-2019; Community Service Chair, 2016-2017
- Broward County Bar Association
- Environmental and Land Use Law Section of the Florida Bar
- City, County, Local Government Law Section of the Florida Bar
- 3G Project, Board of Directors
- City of Sunrise Board of Adjustment, 2014-2016
Rate : $$$