Christopher E. Schaefer is a Member in Stoll Keenon Ogden’s Louisville office and has been with the firm since 2010. He focuses primarily on Business Litigation and Class Action cases, but he brings his substantive problem-solving expertise to multiple practice groups at SKO.
He has served as lead counsel in disputes involving companies and owners over fiduciary obligations. He has also obtained favorable verdicts in actions brought against land owners, franchisees and government clients in Kentucky and throughout the Midwest.
Prior to joining SKO, he graduated as the valedictorian of his class at the University of Kentucky College of Law.
Business Litigation: For companies of all sizes, across a broad scale of situations, Chris leverages his knowledge and skills to obtain the best possible result. He conducts arbitrations and mediations, tries cases and counsels clients tactically through each phase of a conflict.
Class Action: Chris represents both plaintiffs and defendants in class actions in state and federal courts in Kentucky and beyond. He is well versed in the procedural intricacies of multi-party lawsuits, as well as the legal nuances of Rule 23 practice.
- University of Kentucky College of Law 2009, J.D., summa cum laude
- Bellarmine University 2006, B.A., summa cum laude
- Pro Hac Vice: U.S. District Court, Southern District of Indiana
- U.S. Court of Appeals, 6th Circuit
- U.S. District Court, Eastern District of Kentucky
- U.S. District Court, Southern District of Illinois
- U.S. District Court, Western District of Kentucky
- U.S. District Court, Western District of Michigan
- Kentucky Bar Association
- Louisville Bar Association
- American Bar Association
- University of Louisville Louis D. Brandeis School of Law, adjunct professor, Evidence
- University of Louisville Louis D. Brandeis School of Law, trial team coach
- Louisville Bar Association Leadership Academy, 2013
- Louisville Bar Association Summer Law Institute, lecturer
- Junior Achievement USA, JA in a Day Instructor
Rate : $$$