Christopher Somma is counsel in the Consumer Financial Services Litigation Practice Group and has a diverse creditors’ rights-based practice focusing on commercial workouts for lenders, banks and Fortune 500 companies and all aspects of consumer and commercial real estate litigation associated with distressed assets and debt.
Mr. Somma has extensive experience representing clients in distressed loan workouts, forbearances, restructurings, commercial and residential foreclosures, UCC foreclosure sales, distressed portfolio and asset sales, property disposition, creditors’ rights and insolvency, origination of commercial real estate loans, asset-based and structured-based finance, note and mortgage sales and other issues surrounding OREOs.
Mr. Somma also represents businesses and lenders in all aspects of commercial litigation associated with distressed loans and debts including post-judgment collection actions. He has substantial experience representing both lenders and businesses in attachment, replevin, injunctions and seizures. He also represents both lenders and businesses in commercial and consumer bankruptcy proceedings in cases involving preference claims, turnover actions, fraudulent conveyances, Rule 2004 exam litigation, proof of claim disputes and motions for relief.
Mr. Somma also represents lenders and servicers in a variety of mortgage-related litigation, including cases involving claims and defenses under the federal Truth-in-Lending Act (TILA), the federal Real Estate Settlement Procedures Act (RESPA), the Fair Debt Collection Practices Act (FDCPA), the Telephone Consumer Protection Act (TCPA) and various state consumer protection statutes, including Massachusetts 93A and New Hampshire Unfair, Deceptive and Unfair Collection Practices Act.
He has successfully litigated numerous mortgage-related cases, including multiple foreclosure actions in state, federal, and bankruptcy courts throughout the United States.
- J.D., University of New Hampshire School of Law (2006)
- Best Brief in the East Region and Third Place East Region finish in the Saul Lefkowitz Trademark Moot Court Competition
- ABA-BNA Award for Excellence in the Study of Labor and Employment Law
- B.A., Bates College (2001)
- Mortgage Bankers Association of New York (Education Committee, 2017–Present)
- Boston Bar Foundation (Steering Committee for the Justice is Sweet fundraiser, 2013; Steering Committee for the Passport to Pairings Event, 2014; Junior Fellow)
- Greater Boston PFLAG (Board of Directors, 2015–2017)
Rate : $$$