Christopher M. Sorenson focuses his practice on environmental and toxic tort litigation. He uses his experience in all aspects of litigation to develop unique case strategies and solutions for clients in chemical, utility, agricultural, food and pharmaceutical industries.
Chris has extensive experience drafting and arguing pre- and post-trial motions, appellate briefs and motions for dispositive relief in both state and federal courts.
His experience taking fact witness, expert witness, and party depositions gives Chris an insight into the interconnection between various phases of litigation.
Chris has conducted discovery and developed testimony necessary to draft and obtain summary judgment in favor of clients facing multimillion dollar claims in the U.S. District Court for the Eastern District of Missouri.
He also has experience representing clients before various administrative agencies, and has testified before the Kansas Committee on Judiciary regarding potential changes to the Kansas Rules of Civil Procedure.
- J.D., The University of Iowa College of Law, 2015
- Pro Bono Society Award
- Boyd Service Award
- Van Oosterhout-Baskerville Moot Court Competition
- Equal Justice Foundation, Financial Director
- B.A., cum laude, The University of Arizona Eller College of Management, 2011
- International Business Students Organization, President
- Eller College of Management Case Competition, Finalist
- U.S. District Court, District of Kansas
- U.S. District Court, Eastern District of Missouri
- U.S. District Court, Western District of Missouri
- The Missouri Bar
- The Kansas Bar
- Kansas Bar Association
- Kansas City Metropolitan Bar Association
Rate : $$$$