Christopher Staton Spicer represents financial institutions, mezzanine investors, production companies, and equity providers in entertainment financing and co-financing related to motion pictures, television and digital platforms.Addressing complex issues as they arrive, Chris combines responsiveness and commercial pragmatism.
He meets tight deadlines by being in tune with market practices and spotting critical issues for clients.Chris handles financing and other transactions involving production, financing and distribution of content. His clients include:
- Content creators
- High-net-worth individuals
- Counseled a United Arab Emirates sovereign investment fund in connection with various investments in the entertainment and media areas, including the initial capitalization of AGC Studios.
- Provided advice to XYZ Films in a cryptocurrency-funded, blockchain-distributed film financing deal in which it will partner with others to finance and produce a science fiction anthology. This was the first film production ever to be financed and distributed using blockchain technology and Ether currency.
- Acted as counsel to a major Chinese production company in various cross-border transactions and film productions.
- Represented East West Bank as lender in its providing of a credit facility to Bona Films Group for the latter’s $235 million investment in a slate of Hollywood movies from 20th Century Fox.
- Advised Bank of America in a $300 million credit facility with Miramax related to the financing of its current and future production slate. Also advised the client in the $120 million refinancing of FilmNation Entertainment LLC’s existing credit facility relating to the funding, production, acquisition, and distribution of multiple theatrical motion pictures and television programs.
- Member, Entertainment Law Section, Beverly Hills Bar Association.
- Member, California Bar Association.
- J.D., Georgetown University Law Center, 2005
- B.B.A., University of Washington, cum laude, 2001
- B.A., University of Washington, 2001
Rate : $$$$