Christopher H. Strate, a Director in the Gibbons Intellectual Property Department, has more than 10 years of experience as a multi-disciplined intellectual property attorney, counseling clients on patent, trademark, trade secret, copyright and complex technology matters. Mr. Strate provides his clients, ranging from start-ups to large U.S. and multinational corporations, with creative, cost effective and practical solutions for their intellectual property needs.
Mr. Strate has successfully represented clients, in federal courts in New Jersey and throughout the country, through all stages of litigation, including bench and jury trials. As a registered patent attorney, Mr. Strate assists inventors and advises clients on obtaining patents in the U.S. and abroad and assists parties through reexamination and inter-partes review proceedings.
He also advises clients on questions of validity and infringement and also assists clients in matters involving intellectual property licensing and technology transfer. Prior to entering the legal profession, Mr. Strate worked as an engineer for Fairchild Semiconductor.
Relying on his educational background and experience in the field, Mr. Strate has effectively represented clients in a broad range of technologies that span the mechanical, electrical and chemical arts, including pharmaceuticals, biomedical devices, automotive systems, semiconductor processing, computer networks, software, wireless communication systems, manufacturing processes and numerous others.
- George Mason University School of Law(J.D., cum laude)
- Member, Civil Rights Law Journal
- University of Pennsylvania – School of Engineering and Applied Science (B.S.)
- State of New Jersey
- United States District Court for the District of New Jersey
- United States District Court for the Eastern District of New York
- United States District Court for the Southern District of New York
- United States Patent & Trademark Office
- United States Court of International Trade
- New York Intellectual Property Law Association
- Connecticut Intellectual Property Law Association
- American Intellectual Property Law Association
Rate : $$$