Christopher E. Stretch has extensive experience in the litigation of complex intellectual property disputes involving the life sciences, software and electronics. Chris has represented clients throughout the United States and the world in litigation at the trial and appellate court levels, in arbitration and in other alternative dispute resolution proceedings.
His experience includes patent infringement cases, inter partes reviews, inventorship disputes, anti-trust claims, trade secret misappropriation and other intellectual property issues.
Chris has represented some of the best known brands around the world, including Facebook and Samsung. In addition, he has successfully represented semiconductor manufacturing, electronics, software, health care and biotech companies.
REPRESENTATIVE EXPERIENCE :
- Evolutionary Intelligence v. Facebook (N.D. California) Represented Facebook at the district court and on appeal to the Federal Circuit regarding patents claiming the use of containerized data structures.
- Apple Inc. v. Samsung Electronics (N.D. California) Represented Samsung in this seminal case involving trademark, trade dress, utility and design patents covering various aspects of the iPhone and iPad.
- Amgen v. Johnson & Johnson (AAA Arbitration) Represented Amgen in a dispute with Johnson & Johnson over the ownership rights to a second generation red blood cell stimulating protein developed by Amgen scientists.
- Verizon v. Cablevision (ITC) Represented Cablevision with respect to utility patents related to cable television set-top box hardware and software.
- DiscLink v. Oracle Corp. (E.D. Texas) Represented Oracle in its dispute with DiscLink over the use of compact disk technology.
- Affymax v. Johnson & Johnson (AAA arbitration) Represented Johnson & Johnson in an inventorship dispute over the discovery and development of a peptide that binds to the human erythropoietin receptor discovered using phage display technology.
- Amgen v. Transkaryotic Therapies (D. Mass) Represented Amgen in its allegations of patent infringement regarding EPO production in mammalian cells.
- American Bar Association
- San Francisco Bar Association
- J.D., University of San Francisco School of Law, 1993
- B.S., University of California, Berkeley, 1990
ADMISSIONS : California
- California State Courts
- U.S. District Court for the Northern District of California
- Ninth Circuit Court of Appeals
- Federal Circuit Court of Appeals
CLERKSHIPS : Clerk for the Honorable Edward A. Panelli of the California Supreme Court.
Rate : $$$